UCAN support group, is patient-led and hosted by fellow patients; it’s your agenda, your chance to speak, listen, learn, exchange ideas, share experiences, laugh or cry and help support others who are affected in some way by urological cancer.
Come every month or come once in a while. It’s your choice.
Bring a family member, partner, carer or friend or come on your own; a very warm welcome is always guaranteed.
UCAN Support Group get togethers take place on the third Tuesday of every month from 7pm at CLAN House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen. map
Everyone is most welcome, urological patients, family members and friends; to find out when the next get together takes place please email email@example.com
Our aim is to offer support to everyone affected by any urological cancer in the North of Scotland, including patients, relatives and friends.
- We offer support by holding monthly informal get-togethers held at CLAN House, 120 Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB25 2QA.
- Everyone is very welcome to come along and have the opportunity to meet like minded people who all share a common bond.
- Relaxed informal setting.
- Assured confidentiallity and sensitivity
- Occasionally we have presentations and speakers; all professionals in this field of medicine.
- Special events take place throughout the year.
- Teas, coffees & refreshments available.
The committee have been working since October 2011 to create a support group for Urological Cancer Patients, partners, families and carers. The key element is “patient led”, the committee exist to facilitate what the group decide regarding direction or possible speakers. In using CLAN House as a base for meetings we have been able to make use of a relaxed atmosphere, conducive for sharing experiences, having a laugh and supporting each other.
Any Urological Cancer Patient, family member, friend or carer will be made most welcome. We look forward to meeting you!
Alan Harrow, Chairman UCAN Support Group
Diary dates for 2016
Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 19th July 2016 starting at 7:00 pm and will be held at the Clan Centre, Westburn road, Aberdeen. This will be our Annual General Meeting followed by an open forum discussion. This promises to be a most interesting and enjoyable evening and we look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends at this meeting.
Tea and coffee will be provided and all are welcome to join us.